Title Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
We are expanding! Come join our rapidly growing business! Pohlman Reporting Company LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal departments and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On–Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is to manage and monitor the accounts receivable and collection efforts of the organization. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply cash receipts to customer account balances & reconcile on a daily basis.
- Monitor client accounts receivable related inquiries and resolve disputes & discrepancies.
- Review & analyze accounts receivable aging report on a weekly basis. Complete collection related activities including client calls and the mailing of statements & overdue letters.
- Create collection folders and complete additional collection related activities for significantly overdue accounts. Propose collection related next steps which include instituting daily/weekly callbacks, monitoring COD status in company systems, proposing payment plans, etc. When all internal collection efforts have been exhausted, draft correspondence to collection agency/attorney.
- Input collection related correspondence into collection note logs in company systems.
- Process credit card transactions on a timely basis.
- Track & maintain secure order forms including credit card authorization processing.
- Process and monitor COD invoices.
- Generate & clear finance charges monthly.
- Reconcile accounts receivable & revenues at the end of the month.
- Run end of month accounts receivable & commission payable reports.
- Update written procedures related to the collection & accounts receivable processes. Develop recommendations for process improvement.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 5 years of accounts receivable collections experience required
- Experience with working and managing third party vendors who assist with collection efforts
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with QuickBooks and Reporter Base software a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and committed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attendance record
- Legal background a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field or equivalent collections experience required