Title Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is to manage and monitor the accounts receivable and collection efforts of the organization. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, balance & post accounts receivable daily cash deposit entered by Accounting Administrative Coordinator.
- Monitor client accounts receivable related inquiries and resolve disputes & discrepancies.
- Review & analyze accounts receivable aging report on a weekly basis. Complete collection related activities including client calls and the mailing of statements & overdue letters.
- Create collection folders on significantly overdue accounts. Propose collection related next steps. Draft correspondence to collection agency/attorney.
- Input collection related correspondence into Reporter Base collection notes log.
- Process credit card transactions on a timely basis.
- Track & maintain secure order forms including credit card transaction processing.
- Process and monitor COD invoices.
- Generate & clear finance charges monthly.
- Reconcile revenues mid-month & end of month.
- Calculate & code due date on outsource commission payable invoices.
- Process weekly outsource commission payable in Reporter Base System & QuickBooks.
- Monitor court reporter travel expense submissions on a regular basis to ensure appropriate documentation is received. Process mileage reimbursement weekly. Review & summarize court reporter credit card activity monthly.
- Scan & mail accounts payable checks & related documentation. Timely file PDF copy into the “Paid Bills” folder.
- Monitor vendor W-9 binder to ensure that a valid W-9 exists for all vendors. Remit Pohlman W-9 forms to clients as requested.
- Run end of month accounts receivable & commission payable reports.
- Update written procedures related to the collection, accounts receivable & accounts payable processes. Develop recommendations for process improvement.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 2 years of collections experience required.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office computer applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and committed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Legal background a plus.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field preferred.