Title Billing Representative
Location Downtown St. Louis, MO
Pohlman Reporting Company, LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal department and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On-Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
Summary Job Description
The Billing Representative reports to the Billing Manager and is responsible for the accurate creation and posting of invoices to clients, the professional handling of customer service inquiries & the establishment of accurate payables to court reporters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review all pertinent client and job documentation prior to billing to ensure invoices and payables are prepared in accordance with existing client and company guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of services provided by Pohlman in order to accurately bill the services and to timely respond to questions on a regular basis from clients, court reporters and internal staff.
- Create accurate invoices to clients and payables to court reporters utilizing rate charts created by Assistant Billing Manager.
- Process billing related transactions in accordance with the quantitative and qualitative guidelines established.
- Collaborate with the Billing Manager, Controller and other department heads to maintain peak efficiency and work flow in the billing department.
- Work independently to solve issues and know when to escalate to management.
- Research and correspond with clients and court reporters on invoice related questions and concerns.
- Provide process improvement recommendations in order to raise billing productivity and increase efficiency of work flow.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 1- 2 years of billing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word & Outlook applications.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in order to build rapport with all team members, reporters, and clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and committed.
- Possesses flexibility to work overtime on a periodic basis.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or a related field highly preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Legal experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm for billing preferred.