Title Billing Specialist
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
The Billing Specialist reports to the Billing Manager/Controller and is responsible for the successful conversion and implementation of QuickBooks billing system within the organization. Serves as lead for billing related special projects. The Billing Specialist is also responsible for the accurate creation and posting of invoices to clients & the establishment of accurate payables to court reporters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a project partner in the creation and implementation of a new billing system using QuickBooks as the platform.
- In addition to developing an understanding of current services provided by Pohlman, develop an understanding of the new services provided by Pohlman in order to establish the policies and procedures necessary to accurately bill all services and to timely respond to questions on a regular basis from clients, court reporters and internal staff.
- Review all pertinent client and job documentation prior to billing to ensure invoices and payables are prepared in accordance with existing client and company guidelines.
- Create accurate invoices to clients and payables to court reporters utilizing rate charts created by billing manager or assistant manager.
- Process billing related transactions in accordance with the quantitative and qualitative guidelines established.
- Collaborate with the Billing Manager and other department heads to maintain peak efficiency and work flow in the billing department.
- Provide process improvement recommendations in order to raise billing productivity and increase efficiency of work flow.
- Research and correspond with clients and court reporters on invoice related questions and concerns.
- Work independently to solve issues and know when to escalate to management.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of QuickBooks experience required (expert level).
- 3-5 years of billing and/or accounts payable experience required.
- Experience with billing system conversions is highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word & Outlook applications.
- Exceptional attention to detail, very thorough and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in order to build rapport with all team members, reporters, and clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and committed.
- Possesses flexibility to work overtime on a periodic basis.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field required.