Title Call Center Representative
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
PohlmanUSA is a leading, technology driven, nationwide litigation support agency that has provided superior services to law firms for over twenty five years. Since its inception, Pohlman has provided a wide range of services including court reporting, video production, and record services with its clients’ greater success in mind. With offices in St. Louis, Chicago and Edwardsville, our business has undergone rapid growth and includes a growing employee population (60+) and a strong network of independent contractors nationwide.
The primary responsibility of the Call Center Representative is to establish ongoing communication with various record providers (hospitals, physician offices, employment, union, VA, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.). The purpose of maintaining an open line of communication is to acquire the requested records by the ordering client’s due date. This is accomplished by making regular phone calls or through other means of contact with the record provider after the request has been initiated. The ideal candidate for this position will have record collection and/or call center experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with requesting records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Conduct research via telephone, internet and other reference materials to identify or confirm the contact information for the record provider for litigation purposes.
- Call and establish the lines of communication with the record providers based on order priority.
- Conduct regular and persistent follow-up phone calls to providers to ensure requested records are collected in an acceptable time frame.
- Escalate the level of communication (intensity) with record providers as order approaches due date.
- Receive and review records for compliance with requested records and dates of service.
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records as needed.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond to questions from internal staff by phone, email and face-to-face.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to succeed in a multi-tasking, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Minimum of 2 years records collection and/or call center experience preferred.
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.