Go back to job openings.
Title Records Representative
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting is a leading, nationwide litigation support agency that has provided superior services to law firms for nearly twenty years. Since its inception, Pohlman has developed a wide range of services, from court reporting to video production to telephonic deposition management, with its clients’ greater success in mind. Our business has undergone rapid growth and includes a growing employee population (50+) and independent contractors.
This position will involve requesting records from various providers institutions (hospitals, physician offices, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, etc.).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Request records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.).
- Manage record requests to ensure timely and accurate response.
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing and storage of records.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond to client questions and internal staff by phone and email.
- Minimum of 2 years medical records experience.
- Prior experience reviewing documents for accuracy.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Typing skills at 50 wpm with few to no errors.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Legal background a plus.
- Typing skills at 40 wpm with few to no errors
- Organizing, Planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years medical records experience
- Legal background a plus.
- Prior experience reviewing documents for accuracy
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.