Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
Classification 1099 Independent Contractor
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting is a leading nationwide court reporting agency that delivers exceptional service with remarkable attention to detail. PohlmanUSA has earned its reputation as a leader in the court reporting industry. We are currently seeking experienced 1099 Independent Contractor Proofreaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support to Court Reporters by proofreading legal documents, making corrections and providing recommendations to PohlmanUSA Court Reporters.
- Ensures the legal documents are accurate and proper grammatical structure and conformity of style, usage and format are utilized.
- Compares legal documents and marks where appropriate to indicate differences between documents.
- 2-3 years of proofreading for Court Reporters, preferably within a law firm environment
- Excellent skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading.
- Familiarity with legal and medical terms preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database, document management, presentation and diagramming/charting software programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, work under pressure and produce extremely accurate and detailed work within established timeframe and quality standards.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in English or Communication preferred. Certificate or two years of vocational school education in Court Reporting, Paralegal Studies or a closely related field will be considered.