Title Part-Time/Internship Role – Records Retrieval Department
Location Edwardsville, IL
PohlmanUSA is a leading, technology driven, nationwide litigation support agency that has provided superior services to law firms for over twenty-five years. Since its inception, Pohlman has provided a wide range of services including court reporting, video production, and record services with its clients’ greater success in mind. With offices in St. Louis, Chicago, Kalamazoo, Baltimore and Edwardsville, our business has undergone rapid growth and includes a growing employee population (80+) and a strong network of independent contractors nationwide.
The primary responsibility of the Records Retrieval Intern is to assist with the requesting records from various providers institutions (hospitals, physician offices, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, etc.). This position reports to the Records Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with requesting records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Manage record request follow-ups to ensure timely and accurate response
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records
- Create professional written correspondence
- Respond to questions from internal staff by phone, email and face-to-face
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to succeed in a multi-tasking and fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects
- Exceptional attendance record
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work – developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness to alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience required.