Title: Records Coordinator
Location: Edwardsville, IL
We are expanding! Come join our rapidly growing business! Pohlman Reporting Company LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal departments and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On–Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
The primary responsibility of the Records Coordinator is to provide support to the Records Department by processing incoming records that from various providers and institutions including hospitals, physician offices, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, etc. This position reports to the Assistant Records Manager for Private Collections.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records
- Follow up with various providers and institutions regarding the status of pending record requests
- Provide general support to the Records Department by adding cases as needed
- Create professional written correspondence
- Respond to client questions and internal staff by phone and email
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects
- Exceptional attendance record
- Minimum of 2 years medical records experience
- Typing skills at 40 wpm with few to no errors
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Legal background a plus
- Prior experience reviewing documents for accuracy
- Bachelor Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience required.