Title Records Representative
Location Edwardsville, IL
PohlmanUSA is a leading, technology driven, nationwide litigation support agency that has provided superior services to law firms for over twenty five years. Since its inception, Pohlman has provided a wide range of services including court reporting, video production, and record services with its clients’ greater success in mind. With offices in Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, and Maryland, our business has undergone rapid growth and includes a growing employee population (50+) and a strong network of independent contractors nationwide.
Summary Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Records Representative is to establish ongoing communication with each record provider. The purpose of maintaining an open line of communication is to acquire the requested records by the ordering client’s due date. This is accomplished by making regular phone calls or through other means of contact with the custodian of record after the request has been initiated. The ideal candidate for this position will have record collection and/or call center experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with requesting records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Conduct research via telephone, internet and other reference materials to identify or confirm proper accounts for custodians of records for litigation purposes.
- Call and establish the lines of communication with custodian of record based on order priority.
- Conduct regular and persistent follow-up phone calls to custodians to ensure requested records are collected in an acceptable time frame.
- Escalate the level of communication (intensity) with custodian as order approaches due date.
- Receive and review records for compliance with requested records and dates of service.
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records as needed.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond to questions from internal staff by phone, email and face-to-face.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to succeed in a multi-tasking, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Minimum of 2 years records collection and/or call center experience.
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook .
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Legal background a plus.
- Bachelor Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience required.