Title: Records Specialist
Location: Edwardsville, IL
We are expanding! Come join our rapidly growing business! Pohlman Reporting Company LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal departments and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On–Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
The primary responsibility of the Records Specialist is to serve as the dedicated point of contact for client law firms in the record collection process. The Records Specialist establishes relationships with the client firms, provides ongoing communication regarding the status of their record requests, and ensures timely and accurate delivery of the records in the manner in which the client requests. This position reports to the Records Assistant Manager for Private Collections.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Request records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, unions, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.) in an accurate, effective and timely manner within specified client deadlines
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with client law firms by providing top notch customer service at all times
- Provide client law firm contacts with updates on their record collection requests on an ongoing basis
- Establish relationships and communicate with record custodians at various institutions daily via telephone, fax and email to follow up on status of requested records
- Research and resolve client inquiries and issues with record requests as needed
- Process payments for requested records by issuing pre-payments by check or credit card and authorize payment of invoices as needed
- Verify and enter all required information into the MyRecordsRetrieval website to create and maintain client and facility databases while ensuring accuracy
- Leverage search engines to locate unfamiliar facilities to validate contact information and update MRR website as appropriate
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records
- Prepare professional correspondence, letters, documents as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 + years medical records collection experience
- Experience working in the legal field
- Proven ability to provide top notch customer service; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and exhibit a sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail, highly motivated, and impeccable ability to organize and prioritize work
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent time and attendance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects
- Ability to work overtime as business needs dictate the need
- Bachelor Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience required.