Title: Scheduling Manager
Location: St. Louis, MO
We are expanding! Come join our rapidly growing business! Pohlman Reporting Company LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal departments and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On–Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
The Scheduling Manager reports to the President & CEO and is responsible for the daily management of the Scheduling Department including offsite offices to ensure client requests for services are scheduled and fulfilled accordingly. The Scheduling Manager will supervise a team located in both the St. Louis and Chicago offices and other offices through acquisitions. The Scheduling Manager partners closely with the Global Resource Manager to find Court Reporters and Videographers as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Scheduling Department through improvements to current processes, procedures, and information flow.
- Oversee the duties of the Assistant Scheduling Manager(s) including monitoring the workload, distribution of tasks, scheduling of court reporters on assignments and coaching team members’ performance if they are not meeting standards, and establishing work department schedules.
- Set performance standards for the Scheduling team to meet the service goals of the company. Achieve goals by training and coaching team members to act in accordance with the company’s core values.
- Report to the executive management team with information regarding the types of cases being scheduled, the number of depositions going forward on any given day, any upcoming service needs the company may want to address in the near future, and feedback about service failures, client concerns, and successes.
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure services are scheduled in the ReporterBase system correctly and that all client requests are met.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and court reporters nationwide.
- Attend functions such as the state court reporting association meetings, as well as national meetings, to network and build a base of certified court reporters in every state and to be aware of any new trends, products, and services in the industry.
- Support the Sales & Marketing Department by notifying them of new clients scheduling services or new cases that may require additional services allowing them to visit with the client to ensure their needs are met.
- Work toward continuous improvement for the department’s processes by staying current on topics such as services court reporting agencies offer, customer service, sales, and leadership.
- Work independently to solve problems/issues and know when to escalate issues to management.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct customer-service experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems independently.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and committed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Must maintain a professional presence.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.