Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
Classification 1099 Independent Contractor
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting is a leading nationwide court reporting agency that delivers exceptional service with remarkable attention to detail. PohlmanUSA has earned its reputation as a leader in the court reporting industry. We are currently seeking experienced 1099 Independent Contractor Scopists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support to Court Reporters by proofreading, editing and verifying transcripts of court proceedings for accuracy.
- Reads the stenotype-to-English translation of proceedings to check for homonyms and makes appropriate corrections.
- Performs research as required to ensure accuracy of transcript information, such as correct spelling of names, places, medical, scientific and technological terms.
- Prints and binds completed transcripts in proper format and style for certification by Court Reporter.
- Strong knowledge of Case CATalyst or Eclipse
- 2+ years of related experience as a Scopist or Court Reporter
- Strong knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Familiarity with legal and medical terms
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work dictation machines
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, work under pressure and produce extremely accurate and detailed work within established timeframe and quality standards.
- Associate Degree or the equivalent two years of college or vocational school education in computer operations, court reporting, paralegal or a closely related field.