Title Staff Accountant
Location Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
PohlmanUSA is a leading, technology driven, nationwide litigation support agency that has provided superior services to law firms across the nation for almost 30 years. Pohlman provides a wide range of services including court reporting, video production, and record collection services to its clients. Headquartered in St. Louis with additional offices in Illinois, Maryland and Michigan, business has undergone rapid growth and includes a growing employee population (85+) and a strong network of independent contractors nationwide.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and partners with the Controller in the accurate & timely production of periodic financial reports and supporting schedules and assists in the maintenance of accounting records and the management of a comprehensive set of internal accounting controls. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for serving as an additional query writing & reporting resource.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process journal entries & create monthly financial package in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in annual audit process to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Record revenue and expenses and reconcile to sub-ledger on a monthly basis.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll submission and record and reconcile payroll expense & accruals.
- Facilitate continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Monitor bank activity daily and complete monthly cash reconciliations.
- Review and monitor daily receivables including reconciliations, journals, and deposits.
- Process weekly accounts payable and reconcile & record expenses.
- Manage and record expense reports including reviewing details ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset and amortization schedules and record monthly expense.
- Accumulate all vendor and sub-contractor W-9 forms and manage annual 1099 process.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Combined 1-2 years public accounting & 1-3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Access, Excel, Word & Outlook applications. Experienced in the use of pivot tables, databases & macros.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime to support special projects and departmental needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in order to build rapport with all employees, subcontractors and clients.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.