Custodian Contact Representative – Records Collection
Title: Custodian Contact Representative – Records Collection
Location: Edwardsville, IL
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting and Litigation Services is the leading nationwide provider of technologically advanced court reporting, records retrieval, and litigation services. With over 30 years’ experience, PohlmanUSA specializes in complex multiparty litigation by creating innovative products and customized solutions for the legal industry. PohlmanUSA is committed to delivering exceptional customer service and anticipating clients’ needs.
Everything PohlmanUSA does, comes with our award-winning concierge-level of service. When we say, “We’re Always Listening®,” we are not just referring to court reporting – we listen to our clients and internal team, who work closest with our clients, so we can refine and improve our services. PohlmanUSA continuously evolves to be more valuable to our clients.
Summary Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Custodian Contact Representative is to establish ongoing communication with each custodian of record. The purpose of maintaining an open line of communication is to acquire the requested records by the ordering client’s due date. This is accomplished by making regular phone calls or through other means of contact with the custodian of record after the request has been initiated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with requesting records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Conduct research via telephone, internet and other reference materials to identify or confirm proper accounts for custodian of records for litigation purposes.
- Call and establish the lines of communication with custodian of record based on order priority.
- Conduct regular and persistent follow-up phone calls to custodians to ensure requested records are collected in an acceptable time frame.
- Escalate the level of communication (intensity) with custodian as order approaches due date.
- Receive and review records for compliance with requested records and dates of service.
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records as needed.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond to questions from internal staff by phone, email and face-to-face.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Minimum of 2 years records collection and/or call center experience.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to succeed in a multi-tasking, fast paced team environment.
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Legal background a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decision, planning and culture.
PohlmanUSA is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.