Legal Deposition Consultant – Contract Role
Title: Legal Deposition Consultant – Contract Role
Location: St. Louis, MO
Pohlman Reporting Company, LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal department and insurance carriers. For over thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On-Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval.
Summary Job Description
The Legal Deposition Consultant reports to the Video and Trial Services Manager and is responsible for the daily technology support of depositions going forward remotely. Will ensure all aspects of the remote video conference are successful and client expectations fulfilled. The Legal Deposition Consultant will operate as a member of the Pohlman Remote Logistics team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide training and technical support to attorneys, paralegals and witnesses taking depositions.
- Utilize video conferencing technology, including Zoom and other like platforms, to videotape depositions via remote means.
- Ensure videotaped depositions meet PohlmanUSA and CLVS standards.
- Prepare and upload documents to the video conference platform and ensure they are accessible to the appropriate departments.
- Access, download and save any exhibits from the platform that were not provided in advance of the deposition.
- Provide technical support during the deposition for all parties.
- Manage exhibits in real time for all parties, as needed.
- Coordinate with the client and/or the deponent to test the equipment, as well as train them on the remote deposition platform, when needed.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise during a deposition.
- Work independently to quickly solve problems and escalate issues promptly to management, when necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients.
- B.S. or advanced degree.
- Multi-media, litigation support and legal/paralegal experience and knowledge is preferred.
- Possess a strong aptitude towards technology and have a willingness to learn new technological skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide clear instructions.
- Work well under pressure and tight timelines.
- Must be able to work in a professional and confidential environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.