Records – Client Account Specialist
Title: Records – Client Account Specialist
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois/Remote
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting and Litigation Services is the leading nationwide provider of technologically advanced court reporting, records retrieval, and litigation services. With over 30 years’ experience, PohlmanUSA specializes in complex multiparty litigation by creating innovative products and customized solutions for the legal industry. PohlmanUSA is committed to delivering exceptional customer service and anticipating clients’ needs.
Everything PohlmanUSA does, comes with our award-winning concierge-level of service. When we say, “We’re Always Listening®,” we are not just referring to court reporting – we listen to our clients and internal team, who work closest with our clients, so we can refine and improve our services. PohlmanUSA continuously evolves to be more valuable to our clients.
Summary Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Client Account Specialist is to serve as the dedicated point of contact for client law firms and Insurance carriers in the record collection process. The Records Specialist establishes relationships with the client firms, provides ongoing communication regarding the status of their record requests, and ensures timely and accurate delivery of the records in the manner in which the client requests. This position reports to the Records Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Request records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, unions, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.) in an accurate, effective and timely manner within specified client deadlines
- Draft subpoenas and related pleadings, handle court filings, and perform legal research
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with client law firms by providing exceptional customer service
- Provide client law firm contacts with updates on their record collection requests on an ongoing basis
- Establish relationships and communicate with record custodians at various institutions daily via telephone, fax and email to follow up on status of requested records
- Research and resolve client inquiries and issues with record requests as needed
- Process payments for requested records by issuing pre-payments by check or credit card and authorize payment of invoices as needed
- Verify and enter all required information into the MyRecordsRetrieval website to create and maintain client and facility databases while ensuring accuracy
- Perform uploading and pricing of records
- Problem-solve complex record collection issues
- Leverage search engines to locate unfamiliar facilities to validate contact information and update MRR website as appropriate
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records
- Prepare professional correspondence, letters, documents as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 + years’ experience working in a law firm
- 2 + years drafting pleadings and performing legal research
- 2 + years records collection experience
- Proven ability to provide top notch customer service; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and exhibit a sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail, highly motivated, and impeccable ability to organize and prioritize work
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent time and attendance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects
- Ability to work overtime as business needs dictate the need
- Bachelor Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decision, planning and culture.
PohlmanUSA is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.