Records Processing Representative
Title: Records Processing Representative
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
PohlmanUSA Court Reporting and Litigation Services is the leading nationwide provider of technologically advanced court reporting, records retrieval, and litigation services. With over 30 years’ experience, PohlmanUSA specializes in complex multiparty litigation by creating innovative products and customized solutions for the legal industry. PohlmanUSA is committed to delivering exceptional customer service and anticipating clients’ needs.
Everything PohlmanUSA does, comes with our award-winning concierge-level of service. When we say, “We’re Always Listening®,” we are not just referring to court reporting – we listen to our clients and internal team, who work closest with our clients, so we can refine and improve our services. PohlmanUSA continuously evolves to be more valuable to our clients.
The primary responsibility of the Records Processing Representative role is to intake and process records from various providers in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for contacting providers, performing administrative duties, providing excellent customer service, as well as following HIPAA guidelines at all times. The Records Processing Representative reports to the Records Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Intake & process records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.) via mail, fax and email.
- Perform administrative duties, such as downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storing records.
- Follow up with various providers/institutions regarding the status of pending record requests, via email, mail and fax.
- Add cases to the records system and other general support tasks as needed.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond professionally to client, provider, and internal staff questions via phone, fax and email.
- Manage balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Preserve confidentiality of sensitive documents in accordance to HIPAA and company guidelines.
- Maintain an exceptional attendance record.
- Typing skills at 40 wpm with few to no errors.
- Possess a customer service driven approach with a proven track record.
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully in a team.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and projects.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Must project and maintain professional presence.
- Medical records experience or legal background is a plus.
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decision, planning and culture.
PohlmanUSA is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.