Vice President of Growth & Strategy
Title: VP Growth & Strategy
Location: Downtown St. Louis, Missouri
With over 30 years of experience, PohlmanUSA provides the most accurate, reliable, technologically advanced court reporting and litigation services. We have built our skills, technology, and vast resources in asbestos litigation, while diversifying and applying our strengths, allowing us to handle all types of mass tort and complex general litigation.
Everything PohlmanUSA does, discovery through trial, comes with our award-winning concierge-level of service. We pride ourselves on our ability to innovate and customize services based on client needs and feedback. When we say, “We’re Always Listening®,” we are not just referring to court reporting – we pay close attention to our clients, often anticipating their needs. We listen to our internal team who work closest with our clients, so we can refine and improve our services. Pohlman continuously evolves to be more valuable to our clients.
The Vice President of Growth & Strategy is laser focused on growth and revenue opportunities for the company, while providing competitive thought leadership and strategy. You will partner with the CEO, with regular interaction and guidance both from the investors and other senior executives. You will have a significant impact on the company’s performance, strategy, and value creation. This is an ideal position for an ambitious person that has a general management background with experience in driving revenue growth, developing strategies, supported by sound financial and business analysis.
- In partnership with the CEO, create and lead the company’s growth strategy.
- Develop growth strategies to grow the business organically and potentially through acquisitions.
- Provide financial analysis/support and a sounding board for the CEO.
- Assist in monitoring the effectiveness of sales efforts to ensure they are aligned with overall business objectives.
- Develop strategic insights and recommendations, while driving execution of strategic plans based on operating and financial metrics.
- Monitor the marketplace/industry and analyze opportunities; providing competitive analysis, strategies and tactics.
- Identify new services and product opportunities through research and collaboration with clients, industry partners and internal partners.
- Ensure sales effectiveness of new product/services.
- Support and prepare analysis around pricing of services and products.
- Be integrally involved in annual budgeting and long-term forecasting.
- Build new relationships, customer segments, and partnerships.
- Work closely with the Business Development/sales leadership in optimizing the sales process.
- Identify and assess potential acquisition targets, manage the transaction process, conduct negotiations, and lead due diligence.
- Work closely with digital media company and sales leadership to manage the company’s digital footprint and increase revenue through digital channels.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key clients, vendors and partners to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into our product development and service enhancements.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in diversified roles in highly analytical, strategic, growth environment.
- Self-starter with outstanding work ethic, who takes initiative.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and intense bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large).
- Highly analytical with an ability to support ideas with numbers.
- Ability to build and deliver internal and external executive presentations.
- Experience around information systems, including on-line digital, and processes is a plus.
- Experience with P/E a plus.
- Experience with sales/revenue generation a plus.
- Experience with M&A a plus.
- Experience in the legal industry a plus.
- MBA is a plus.
- Must have extremely strong references.