Vice President of Operations
Title: VP of Operations
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
With over 30 years of experience, PohlmanUSA provides the most accurate, reliable, technologically advanced court reporting and litigation services. We have built our skills, technology, and vast resources in asbestos litigation, while diversifying and applying our strengths, allowing us to handle all types of mass tort and complex general litigation.
Everything PohlmanUSA does, discovery through trial, comes with our award-winning concierge-level of service. We pride ourselves on our ability to innovate and customize services based on client needs and feedback. When we say, “We’re Always Listening®,” we are not just referring to court reporting – we pay close attention to our clients, often anticipating their needs. We listen to our internal team who work closest with our clients, so we can refine and improve our services. Pohlman continuously evolves to be more valuable to our clients.
Summary Job Description
As a key member of the leadership team, the Vice President of Operations will oversee all aspects of the operating departments involved in providing court reporting services. As the VP of Operations, you will work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to outline strategy for the operating areas and the company as a whole. You will partner closely with the VP Growth & Strategy on the development and introduction of all new services and products. This is an ideal position for someone who has a general management background focused on delivering operational excellence, facilitating process improvements, and ensuring cross-team collaboration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the management within the operating departments, Scheduling, Production, Billing, Video, HR (Insperity).
- Lead, motivate, coach and ensure development of the management and their teams.
- Emphasize teamwork and collaboration with a strong client focus.
- Drive accountability for results, yet be supportive and effective at developing individuals to assume greater levels of responsibility and personal contribution.
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement within and among the court reporting operating departments.
- Continuously assess the current state of operations and ensure the right positions and people are developed to ensure the current and future needs of the organization are satisfied.
- Establish and maintain performance standards and service goals for each of the reporting departments.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on operational issues.
- Contribute as a key member of the Leadership team to develop organization strategy and vision with the CEO, VP of Growth & Strategy and other members of the leadership team.
- Develop actionable plans to deliver on the company’s strategy across all of the operating areas.
- Prepare analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine departments progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Work independently to solve problems/issues and escalate to management, as needed.
- Provide periodic reports on performance as requested.
- Build new relationships, customer segments, and partnerships.
- Work closely with the Business Development/Sales leadership in optimizing the sales process.
- Identify and assess potential acquisition targets, manage the transaction process, conduct negotiations, and lead due diligence.
- Work closely with Digital Media company and Sales leadership to manage the company’s digital footprint and increase revenue through digital channels.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key clients, vendors and partners to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into our product development and service enhancements.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience; 3+ years leading multiple departments.
- Proven ability to lead and coach other managers.
- Goal-oriented and able to establish compelling, ambitious, yet realistic goals, for improvement in all facets of operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of the legal and/or court reporting field preferred.
- MBA is a plus.
- Must have extremely strong references.