Title: Customer Service Representative – Record Collections
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Pohlman Reporting Company, LLC is a leading, technology driven, global litigation support agency that provides superior services to law firms, corporate legal department and insurance carriers. For almost thirty years Pohlman has provided a wide array of services both nationally as well as internationally. The services we provide include Court Reporting, Video Production, On-Site Trial Services and Record Retrieval. Pohlman has expanded to over 80 employees and 16 locations and we are looking to continue that growth.
Pohlman has also been named as a Top Workplace in the St. Louis bi-state region for the last four years!
The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Representative – Record Collections is to establish ongoing communication with each custodian of record. The purpose of maintaining an open line of communication is to acquire the requested records by the ordering client’s due date. This is accomplished by making regular phone calls or through other means of contact with the custodian of record after the request has been initiated. The ideal candidate for this position will have record collections and/or call center experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with requesting records from various institutions (hospitals, physician offices, employers, Veterans Administration, Social Security Administration, IRS, etc.)
- Conduct research via telephone, internet and other reference materials to identify or confirm proper accounts for custodians of records for litigation purposes.
- Call and establish the lines of communication with custodian of record based on order priority.
- Conduct regular and persistent follow-up phone calls to custodians to ensure requested records are collected in an acceptable time frame.
- Escalate the level of communication (intensity) with custodian as order approaches due date.
- Receive and review records for compliance with requested records and dates of service.
- Perform downloading, scanning, importing, filing, and storage of records as needed.
- Create professional written correspondence.
- Respond to questions from internal staff by phone, email and face-to-face.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong ability to succeed in a multi-tasking, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Minimum of 2 years records collection and/or call center experience.
- Organizing, planning & prioritizing work—developing specific goals & plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Critical thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including in Microsoft Office computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Legal background a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.