Entering 2024 the need to protect your firms and your clients information has never been greater. Some of the main risks include Phishing, VPN security, Malware, Ransome Attacks, Spoofing, and Data Leaks.
No firm is safe. The concern is highest if you are not educating your staff on the potential risk areas. Steps to prevent cyber threats start with being alert and reporting any incidents immediately to IT.
There are additional simple ways to protect your devices and data from being breached.
- Create strong, unique passwords for each system, and change them frequently
- Never click on links or download files from people you do not know
- Lock or turn off your devices when not in use
- Avoid suspicious and unsecure websites
- Back up your files
- Use two-factor authentication
- Do not disclose personal information online
- Encrypt sensitive information being sent to others via email
- Know and monitor the cyber security steps of your vendors
- Avoid clicking pop-ups
- If an email looks suspicious confirm with the sender that it is valid before opening